Use your alumni card as your library card. Contact the USask Library to activate your alumni library services. As an alumni, your borrowing privileges need to be renewed annually from the date of activation. Contact Ask Us to activate or renew your account.
USask Alumni may
- Borrow up to 50 regular loan items for 30 days
- Renew borrowed items twice by logging into your Library Account
Request Interlibrary Loans (available for a charge)
You will be notified by email when an item you have borrowed has been recalled by another library user through the Contactless Pickup service's "Request Item for Pickup" button. You must return the item by the due date listed in the email. Recalled items returned after their due date will accrue late fines at a rate of $2 per day up to a maximum of $50 per item.
Alumni are subject to the same library fines that apply to all other users. Find out more about avoiding and paying library fines.
Access in the Library
When on campus at one of our library locations, USask Alumni can
- Search our Library Catalogue and USearch
- Search most licensed databases and download articles
- Print from alumni computers (*not available in all locations)
- Scan or photocopy in any library. You can add print/copier credits to your account online by: using the PAWS "My Printing" channel, or by purchasing a pre-loaded card with printing and photocopying credits from the Shop usask Health Sciences, Shop usask Bookstore, and the Shop usask vending machine on the first floor of the Murray Library near the IT Support Desk.
- Ask for research help at service desks, by phone, email or online with our Ask Us chat
- Access University Archives and Special Collections
Off Campus Access
Due to licensing terms, the University Library is not able to provide alumni with off campus access to the same subscribed electronic databases and resources available to currently enrolled students. Some electronic resources listed below are only available to alumni in Canada, please check the licensing agreement on the A to Z database list for details.
Alumni Accessible Databases
Support for Professional Colleges
- Saskatchewan-licensed health care practitioners, including veterinarians and veterinary technicians, are eligible to access the Saskatchewan Health Information Resources Partnership (SHIRP) online library. See the SHIRP website to register for an account.
- Professional Engineers (APEGS members): Contact the Science Library